Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality
American College of Healthcare Executives
Ernst & Young
Eugene Water & Electric Board
MBA | University of Michigan
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
New Ventures West
Executive Coach & Leadership Consultant
Amiel (Ah-me-ell) is a seasoned executive coach with 20+ years of experience helping leaders and organizations thrive in the midst of complexity. His approach combines intellectual agility with the friendly warmth of his Michigan upbringing, the frankness of his New York City roots, and a life-long fascination with conversations and power.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Amiel is passionate about helping leaders and organizations reach their full potential and navigate through complexity. Since 1993 he has served as a consultant and coach to large companies, government agencies, and higher education. His specialty is helping people identify the one thing that will make the biggest difference in their leadership—and then deliberately practice it on the job and throughout life. In the past five years, he has advised senior leaders on how to get the greatest return on their investment in leadership development.
Amiel served as a Performance Improvement Officer for a mid-sized public sector agency and director of business development for New Ventures West. He co-authored the seminal article on Integral Coaching, has been featured twice in Fast Company, and has published three books, including Practice Greatness: Escape Small Thinking, Listen Like A Master, And Lead With Your Best. He teaches New Ventures West’s foundational Coaching to Excellence class and hosts a leadership podcast that includes a series on women in leadership.
Relevant executive coaching assignments include:
- Coaching VP of growing software company to rebuild fractured relationship with key retail customer. The two companies’ successful partnership was featured four months later on the front page of the Wall Street Journal
- Helping Comptroller in a Fortune 100 company prepare for meeting with company’s Board, resulting in successful multi-billion dollar acquisition
- Coaching VP of a Fortune 100 company with reputation for being “aggressive and domineering” to improve the organizational health of a 1,200-person organization pivotal to the company’s future growth
One of my top guys got an outside offer and was ready to leave the team. I’ve lost several people like this over the years. But he chose to stay. He now sees me as a manager of choice, an outcome enabled by Amiel’s coaching.
– Robert T, Engineering Manager, Fortune 100 company
When you work with Amiel, you get someone who knows when to challenge you and when to provide support, and who creates a program that is unmistakably for you rather than generic executive X. His support helped me renew my commitment to bringing my full energy to work each day and ensuring the rest of our people could do the same.
– Rick C., Senior Fellow and General Manager, Fortune 100 company