University of Washington
University of California Santa Cruz
BA | University of Oregon
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
Executive Coach & Leadership Consultant
Seattle, WA and Portland, OR
Tobey Fitch coaches executives on the broad range of issues that arise in running an organization effectively. His clients say he helps them most with Strategy, Communication, and Organizational Performance, helping teams to envision the future, tackle hard challenges, and develop core competencies. He coaches clients to take an integrated approach to strategy, leadership development, and communications.
His specialties include:
- Working through strategy and plans in a way that engages and aligns key teams and stakeholders
- Assessing, framing, and prioritizing business and organizational issues to be managed
- Developing coaching skills as leaders to accelerate talent development, building leadership skills and management capacity
- Cultivating communication skills; telling a compelling story instead of just showing slides, helping leaders connect with audiences
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Tobey helped found and lead 3 small companies before joining Sprint to lead a sales and marketing team. He grew as a leader within Sprint, managing training for the U.S. and helping to manage the Sprint merger with United Telecom. His interest in organizational and leadership development took him to Apple, where he led the establishment of Apple University, coaching executives from across the company, facilitating large projects, executive strategy sessions, and leading the management development team.
For the last 20 years he has served as an executive coach, consulting with over 100 organizations on a wide range of issues and programs. To make sure he hadn’t lost touch with the challenges of leading an organization, Tobey accepted an invitation to join the executive team at Prezi, a fast growing presentation software company. As Head of Strategy and People from 2013 -2016, he helped them grow through the transition from 50 people to 350 during a period of quadrupled revenue and cultural change.
Highlights of his experience:
- Harvard Business School executive coach, Harvard Excel program, 2007-2012
- Executive presentation coach for Apple’s WWDC presenters, 2000-present
- Advised 6 startups on their strategy story and venture pitches
Tobey quickly assesses the issues and helps me gain perspective, re-framing our challenges in ways that help me manage them. He’s coached me through thorny leadership challenges with my team and my board
– Chairman, Structural Integrity Associates